24 May 2009
Fish With Lime Sauce
* 1 red snapper fillet or white fish fillet or any fish
* 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon cornflour
* 4-6 red chilies (press down)
* 1/2 cup lime juice
* sugar (to taste)
* sesame oil (to taste)
* 3 red onions (sliced)
* 4 scallions (cut into a thin julienne) - optional
1. For steaming,place low rack in bottom of 10 to 12 inch skillet. Pour water into bottom of pan,under rack,and bring to boil.
2. Cut fish lengthwise into 2-inch wide strips.
3. Mix fish with cornflour and soy sauce on shallow dish.
4. Place plate of fish on rack. Cover skillet. Steam 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is cooked.
5. For sauce,in a small bowl, mix lime juice and sugar together, stirly sugar till dissolved.Then add chillies and sesame oil to taste.
6. Remove from the steamer then drain water from fish.
7. Add red onions and scallions in a mix lime sauce then spoon sauce over as desired.
Note: You can add scallions over fish as desired.
Posted by Realearnprofit at 3:41 PM