03 June 2009
Chinese BBQ Pork (Char siu)
Its sweet,delicious and tender. My family love it.
1lb Pork belly (cut into 4 pieces)
2 tbsps Oil for frying
A little water
To make marinate
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Water
1 tsp Sesame oil
1/4 tsp White pepper
2 tbsps Sugar
2 tbsps Corn flour
2 tbsps Thick soy sauce
2 tbsps Light soy sauce
2 tbsps Oyster sauce
2 tbsps Char siu sauce
1. Combine all marinate ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Pour over the pork pieces and mix. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
3. The next day, remove the pork from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for a few minutes.
4. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsps oil over low heat. Add pork and marinate.
5. Coat the pork with the marinate,cover and cook for a few minutes.
6. Uncover and cook, turning pork from time to time. Continue cooking untill pork is brown on all sides.
7. If it is dry, add a little water.
8. When the pork is cooked then remove from the skillet.
9. Cut the pork into thin strips and serve with warm rice.
Choice of meat
If you love tender, juicy, moist, and a little fatty, use pork belly.
If you don't like fatty,use pork loin.
If you don't like to frying, you may use oven instead of frying.
Posted by Realearnprofit at 10:25 PM