27 May 2009
150g Self rising flour or 150g wheat flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder (Sifted)
1 1/2 cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 180c. Grease a 20cm cake tin and line the bottom with a circle of greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together for approx. 5-8 minutes until white.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.Fold through the flour and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
4. Scoop out 2 small ladles of batter into a small bowl and add cocoa powder. Mix well.
5. Pour out 1/2 of the butter batter into a prepared 20cm cake tin. Dollop randomly with cocoa batter and cover some top portion with butter batter. Use a butter knife and swirl the chocolate batter into the butter batter. Do not over swirl.
6. Bake for 45-55 mins until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool.
Note: You can add chocolate chips to step 4 if you like.
Posted by Realearnprofit at 2:12 PM