21 June 2009
Do you love durians? I and my kids made this cake for Father's day. This is so easy and delicious.
For sponge cake,
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g butter melted
1. Grease a deep 8" round cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper.
2. Beat eggs and salt. Add sugar and beat until thick.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to egg mixture. Fold in butter.
4. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes at 190 c or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven then wait for about 5 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling racks.Carefully peel off the base paper.
For Durian Cream Cake
230g durian puree
30g sugar (optional)
2 1/2 tbsps Gelatine powder
90ml boiling hot water
400g Whipping cream
Any fruits you like
1. Cut the sponge cake into 2 horizontal layers.
2. Beat whipping cream and sugar till soft peaks form. Set aside.
3. Cook durian puree and sugar till it boils.
4. Gelatine dissolve in boiling hot water. Pour into durian mixture and mix till evenly blended.
5. Let it cool over ice water till it is at room temperature. Remove from ice water. Immediately add whipping cream, mix till well blended.
6. Cut any fruits into thin slices about 2mm thick and attach them to the side of an 8" round ring mould.
7. Place the 1st layer of sponge cake on the bottom of the ring. Pour 1/2 of the whipping cream over it.
8. Top with the 2nd layer of sponge cake and pour the remaining 1/2 of the whipping cream over it and smooth over.
9. Refrigerate till firm or overnight.
10. Remove cake from ring and decorate it as you desire.
Posted by Realearnprofit at 12:57 PM