08 June 2009
It's perfect for lunch or dinner.
3 large eggplants - cut into thick strips
5 red onions - chopped
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 tsp salt
3-4 tbsps oyster sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tsp corn flour & 1 tbsp water - mixed
Oil for frying
2-3 tbsps dried prawns - soaked and drain well
3 red chillies
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Place eggplant in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover with cold water. Let soak 15 minutes.Drain well.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small saucepan and fry the dried prawns until lightly browned and crispy and drain oil. Put it in a blender,add red chillies,sugar and 1/4 salt and blend until fine.Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok and fry eggplant until lightly browned on each side.Remove,drain and arrange on a plate and keep aside.
4. Heat oil and saute the red onions and garlic until aromatic and golden brown. Add oyster sauce, stirring and cook until mixed well. Spoon 1/2 of sauce mixture in a small bowl and set aside. Add 1/4 cup water to remaining sauce in wok,stir-fry.Add the cornflour mixture and cook until sauce thickens.
5. Pour the sauce over the eggplant then sprinkle with 1/2 of sauce mix and dried prawns. Dish up and serve!
Several ways to cook eggplants
* Preheat the oven to 245 degrees C. Cut the eggplants into small pieces. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Then follow step 2, 4 - 5.
* Arrange eggplant on a plate. Steam over high heat for about 5 minutes. Drain away excess liquid. Then follow step 2, 4 - 5.
Posted by Realearnprofit at 11:04 PM