04 June 2009
It's sweet and soft.
To make soya bean milk
125g whole soya beans
1 litre water
sugar to taste
1 tbsp corn flour
1/4 cup water
1 tsp Guo Suan
To make soy bean milk
1. Soak soy beans in clean water overnight. Drain water.
2. Add half of the beans and half of the water in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture in a large bowl and keep aside.
3. Repeat step 2 with the remaining beans and water.
4. Pour the mixture and strain through a muslin cloth as much liquid as possible.
5. Sieve the soy milk through the muslin to remove any remaining grit.
6. Pour soy milk into a big pot. Bring to the boil. Remove any foam. Add sugar to taste. Ready!
To make homemade Tau Fu Fah
1. Mix the corn flour,water and guo suan in a small bowl and keep aside.
2. In a pot, bring soy bean milk to boil. When the soy bean milk is boiled up,remove from heat.
3. Pour the gua suam mix and soy bean milk into a clean pot. Cover lid and let it stand for 30 minutes. Don't shake or move it!
4. Serve with some syrup.
Sugar syrup : Bring 3 tbsps sugar or 1 piece rock sugar and 1/4 water to a boil,stirring until sugar is dissolved. Adjust to taste.
Ginger Syrup : Bring 1 cup sugar,1/2 cup water and some ginger slices untill dissolved. Adjust to taste.
If you don't have the time or lazy to make soy bean milk then buy soy bean milk at the shop.
Posted by Realearnprofit at 8:56 PM