24 June 2009
For sponge cake (1 cake can make 2 )
5 Egg yolks
5 Egg whites
120g Cake flour
80g Melted butter
1. Beat (A) till light and fluffy. Set aside.
2. Beat (B) till soft peaks are formed. Add (C) and beat till stiff.
3. Mix the egg white mixture with (A) till well blended.
4. Fold in (D) and mix evenly.
5. Stir in (E) slowly and mix well. Pour batter into a 8" round mould.
6. Bake at 180 c for 30 minutes. Remove the cake immediately when it is baked.
- the sponge cake should be baked on the lower rack of the oven.
For durian cream cake,
230g durian puree
30g sugar (optional)
2 1/2 tbsps Gelatine powder
90ml boiling hot water
400g Whipping cream
Any fruits you like
1. Cut the sponge cake into 2 horizontal layers.
2. Beat whipping cream and sugar till soft peaks form. Set aside.
3. Cook durian puree and sugar till it boils.
4. Gelatine dissolve in boiling hot water. Pour into durian mixture and mix till evenly blended.
5. Let it cool over ice water till it is at room temperature. Remove from ice water. Immediately add whipping cream, mix till well blended.
6. Place the 1st layer of sponge cake on the bottom of the ring. Pour 1/2 of the whipping cream over it.
7. Place the 2nd layer of sponge cake on the other bottom of the ring. Pour 1/2 of the remaining whipping cream over it.
8. Refrigerate till firm.
- the durian gelatine mixture shouldn't be too cool.
- if you don't like durians, you can replace durians with strawberry,mango or other fruits.
2/3 pudding powder durian flavour
1. Boil 1000ml of water.
2. Turn off the flame. Pour in pudding powder. Stir for 5 minutes.
3. Add fruit sugar and mix well.
4. Remove the heat and let it cool to room temperature. (don't wait till its harden! := )
5. Remove the cake from the refrigerate.
6. Pour 1/2 of the pudding over it. Repeat 6 for 2nd layer cake.
7. Let it set before chilling in the refrigerator for few hours or overnight.
8. Remove the cake from ring and decorate it as you desire.
Posted by Realearnprofit at 4:10 PM